He is a lecturer for the following courses at the Polytechnic University of the Marche:
- Applied Mechanics of Machines (M/Z), Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ancona Branch.
- Functional Design, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ancona branch.
Mail: email@example.com – Phone: 071 220 4748 – Institutional Page:
In 2004 he graduated in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of the Marche; in 2008 he obtained a PhD in Intelligent Artificial Systems in Information Technology, Industrial Engineering and Industrial Engineering; from 2008 to 2019 he was a researcher in Applied Mechanics of Machines at the Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Sciences of the Polytechnic University of the Marche. Since 2019, he has been an associate professor of Applied Mechanics of Machines. In 2019, he was awarded the scientific qualification in the field of concurrency 09/A2 for the functions of full professor. He has authored more than 60 scopus-indexed scientific memos and holds two patents.
His research activities are in the areas of applied mechanics and robotics. Much of his scientific work focuses on the study of parallel kinematic machines, particularly the synthesis and kinematic analysis of manipulators, the design and prototyping of their mechanical structure and control architecture. Through a collaboration with the Department of Engineering at King’s University London in the field of rehabilitation robotics, he acquired advanced knowledge in the field of bioengineering. In his research group, he has participated in the development of national PRIN research projects on topics related to bioengineering and miniaturised robotics, as well as European projects in the textile field, among others. He is currently working on collaborative robotics, the study and design of reconfigurable robots, robotic microassembly, visual enslavement of robots with rigid and flexible elements, and the dynamics of multibody systems.
- Costa, D., Scoccia, C., Palpacelli, M., Callegari, M., Scaradozzi, D., Design of a Labriform-Steering Underwater Robot Using a Multiphysics Simulation Environment, Robotics, 2022, vol. 11(1), 11 pages.
- Chiriatti, G., Palmieri, G., Scoccia, C., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., Adaptive obstacle avoidance for a class of collaborative robots, Machines, 2021, vol. 9(6), 13 pages.
- Scoccia, C., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., A collision avoidance strategy for redundant manipulators in dynamically variable environments: On-line perturbations of off-line generated trajectories, Machines, 2021, vol. 9(2), pp. 1–16.
- Stefano, B., Palpacelli, M.-C., An effective approach to model parallel robots with flexible links, Proc. of the ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference, 2021, vol. 7, V007T07A043.
- Chiriatti, G., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Collaborative Robotics for Rehabilitation: A Multibody Model for Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis, Mechanisms and Machine Science, 2021, vol. 91, pp. 431–438.
- Scoccia, C., Palmieri, G., Palpacelli, M.C., Callegari, M., Real-Time Strategy for Obstacle Avoidance in Redundant Manipulators, Mechanisms and Machine Science, 2021, vol. 91, pp. 278–285.
- Palpacelli, M.-C., Carbonari, L., Palmieri, G., Landini, E., Giorgi, G., Functional design of a 6-dof platform for micro-positioning, Robotics, 2020, vol. 9(4), 15 pages.